Sunday, June 2, 2013

May Blahs

I think I'm the only person in the world who gets sad at the end of a school year.  Everyone else is looking forward to no school and summer fun and no schedule.  All I feel is that it's the end.  I think of the seniors all over the world who are so sad to leave their friends and so scared to start a new life.  I think of the fact that we have endless days ahead of no set schedule and nothing much planned to do.  Mostly I think of the end of the most fun time of my life, high school with my teenagers.  6 of them have finished high school and it was some of the saddest times of my life to go to their graduations.  It meant that they would be leaving me and starting their own lives.  This week marks the last time I will have a high schooler in my life past this date.  Next year my sweet Van will graduate and leave me and I will have no wonderful children in my home.  I'm crying as I write.  I always live through it and even enjoy summers but just for these few days each year I have a heavy heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment