Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas already?





I'm a little embarrassed to admit that my house is almost totally decorated for Christmas and it's only the middle of November. I usually don't start until the day after Thanksgiving but this year a little voice kept calling to me to decorate NOW. This little voice started in on November 1st when the time changed and it started getting dark earlier. I tried to ignore the voice but it kept coming back louder and louder until I finally gave in and started decorating in the first week of November. By the way, the voice's name is Hunter. Since he only has one more Christmas after this living in our home I gave in. Now, mind you, decorating for Christmas in this house is not a couple of hours event. It takes me days to get everything just right. So, I figured that since it's such a big production I might as well start early and enjoy it a little longer. I'm glad I did. We love snuggling up at night in front of a puzzle and football video games and just enjoying the spirit of Christmas, even though it's not even Thanksgiving yet. I'll save the tree and the outside lights for after Thanksgiving but for now, Merry Christmas from the Moores!

3 comments:

  1. i totally know what you mean dyanna! i always want to decorate the second halloween is over. it's pathetic, and i love it!

    ps- so fun to find your blog! =)

    love, brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i cannot wait to come see your decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that your little voice was Hunter. Probably harder to say no to. Isn't it so strange how decorations can make things so festive and cosy. A bit of pine and ribbon makes you think of Christmas - nothing wrong with spreading out more reminders to get us thinking even more about the Savior. :)

    ReplyDelete