Saturday, August 3, 2013

More Lasts, More Tears

The "lasts" are starting in earnest.  My baby had her senior picture taken and she looked so beautiful that I cried, right in front of the photographer.  Luckily he has taken all 7 of my kids pictures so he knows me well.  He wasn't even surprised.  Right up until the day it happened I thought I was fine, even relieved to not have to make this appointment again or go down and take care of this but when it actually came it dawned on me that I will never do this again and it made me a little sad.  On the same day I filled out my 91st (and last) emergency card for the school and I cried again but this time they were tears of joy!  Every single year I have had to fill out the same information over and over again even though nothing has changed and I truly will not miss doing that ever again.  O.K.  I did pause for a moment right after doing it and have a little bit of melancholy and nostalgia thinking of the days when I would fill out 5 or 6 at a time but overall that is one chore that I won't miss. It dawned on me that people with only one or two kids might not have as hard a time saying goodbye to this way of life because they never really had time to get into it but after 27 years of doing this stuff every year it really becomes part of who you are and saying goodbye is a little tough.Stay tuned for more "lasts", (and quite a few more tears:) )

No comments:

Post a Comment