Thursday, March 4, 2010

Waltz, anyone?

There is something about songs written in 3/4 time that just touches my soul.  Every time I hear one I start waltzing in my mind (and if I'm not in public I do it with my body).  My whole mood lifts and it just feels like I'm floating around a dance floor.  I imagine myself in the ballroom with Anastasia, spinning around in a beautiful ballgown.  For those of you who are musically challenged I will give you some examples so you know what I'm talking about.  Phil Vassar's American Child, High School Musical's Can I Have This Dance? and a brand new one by Love and Theft called Dancing in Circles.  When I hear these songs my soal just soars.  There aren't very many popular songs written in 3/4 so it's always a treat when I hear one.  Three cheers for the waltz!

1 comment:

  1. ME TOO!!! I especially love Viennese waltzes. Cleaning to Strauss's "Blue Danube" as a preteen is what got me interested in ballroom dancing in the first place.

    ReplyDelete