Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Win


Me and my kids have had an on-going tradition of trying to convince each other that we love each other more than the other one does.  "I love you", "I love you more", "I love you more than anyone has ever loved anyone in the history of the world" etc.   You get the picture.  Most parents and kids have some form of this so we're not real unique.  However, it was very gratifying the other night to be proven right after all these years.  I was talking to the only one of my children who has a child and he shared his recent epiphany of looking into his baby daughter's eyes and feeling the intense love that only a parent has for their child and he realized that that is how his father and I love him and he conceded defeat in the "I love you" war.  I warned his brother (who will be a father in a few months) that he was "going down" and would soon have to concede defeat also.  I love winning.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are right. I was thinking about this the other day because I was singing Love One Another to Lily and it made me think of my mom's love which is a pretty good example of the Savior's. I only hope I can show as much love to my sweet daughter as my mom shows to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was my mom's only baby, and she always said to me that someday i would understand how much she loved me...and i never really understood what she meant by that because i had so much love for her...

    ...now i get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true. There is no love like the love you have for your child. Congrats on the win... but you already had it in the bag:)

    ReplyDelete