Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Boys of Fall

Kenny Chesney has a new song out called, "The Boys of Fall".  When I heard it I cried!  My youngest son is in his last season of high school football and we have had the greatest summer ever with all of his teammates over at our house.  The song talks about the wonderful comraderie of football players and how much they love each other and I am seeing it every day as these boys hang out with each other.  They are a blast.  They tease each other, wrestle around, play video games and card games (I beat them most of the time) and eat me out of house and home but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Savannah has learned that she needs to be clothed every morning when she comes out of her room because we never know how many large teenage boy bodies will be strewn around the living room on couches or on the floor.  They treat her like a beloved little sister and since she is entering high school this year I couldn't be happier knowing that she will always be protected by her many older "brothers".  I know my son will never have any greater friends than these boys of fall.  I love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment