Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What Matters Most

Recently I visited my son and his family in northern California and happened to be there on Family Night.  I was pleasantly (O.K. immensely) surprised and pleased to see that they have patterned their format after our family.  What brought me to instant tears though was when they all started reciting our family mission statement, even my 5 year old granddaughter!  The joy I felt just burst within me to know that what we cherished and taught our children will be carried down to the next generation. We have always offered our mission statement to anyone who wanted to use it because even though it is specific to our family, our family is pretty universal so it could fit anybody's family.  When they adopted it word for word it just made my heart sing.  At least one other son and his wife use this same mission statement and it makes me very happy but hearing the next generation say it, almost by heart, just did something to me.  Then, just the other day we were Facetiming another son and his family and his son started singing the songs from his Primary program and the words really hit me, "Gethsemane, Jesus loves me so He went willingly to Gethsemane".  What powerful words for a 4 year old child to know and sing!  The gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important thing in my life and I am confident that my children and their wonderful wives feel the same way and are passing it down through the generations.  Nothing brings me greater joy!  Forever Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment