Sunday, May 12, 2013

Heart Ache

Heart ache is such a literal term.  My grandchildren are leaving me and my heart literally hurts.  It's a very real physical pain.  I cry day and night and can't imagine them not being in my home and in my arms almost every day.  I know it can be done because I have gotten used to my other granddaughters being gone and I don't pine for them on a daily basis but I am so not looking forward to it.  On Wednesday Logan and Michelle and Landon and Chloe are moving to Arizona and will then be five hours away instead of five minutes.  I can't wait until enough time passes that it doesn't hurt to think about them.  I'm actually going to buy a new car that gets really good gas mileage so I can make frequent trips to Oakland and Arizona and Utah.  If Kyle and Aubrie take Rylie to Louisiana I'm really out of luck because that kind of trip will be really hard.  Not only do I love my kids to death but I love THEIR kids to death as well.  This is really hard:(

1 comment:

  1. Having kids around the US is hard, and I ache for you. We had Becky in Cleveland, Kim in Milwaukee, Brian in Arizona and Stefany in Utah, only Jenny was here with her family. it is heartbreaking, and visiting them is always a joy, but leaving the grandkids never got easier. Now, all but Brian and his family are back here in Escondido and it is us that is leaving our 16 grandchildren for 3 years. This is the part I can't talk about, I try not to think about it, but reading your blog, I really felt the ache, and the tears start to puddle. Enjoy each trip, each day, each moment, they are truly Heavenly Father's sweet gifts...love you and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete