Friday, September 13, 2013

Beaming Mother

Having a perfect daughter you would think that I would be used to hearing great things about her but I tell you, it never gets old.  Today she went above and beyond, again, and made me the proudest mom in the world.  She serves as the ASB secretary so is privy to all the goings on in the student council.  The officers in charge of naming the Athletes of the Week for pep rallies came to her and informed her that she would be getting the second and final Athlete of the Week for being one of the tennis captains.  The first one was going to the other captain.  Both of the captains are seniors and are very good tennis players but our sophomore #1 singles player is in a whole different league from these girls.  She NEVER loses.  She is probably going to end up a tennis pro and my daughter couldn't imagine her not getting an Athlete of the Week award so she told the ASB officers to give it to her instead of taking it herself.  She was sad about not being recognized in front of the school but knew that if you really look at what the award is then she would have to defer to her teammate who is much more skilled.  I was so proud of her for doing this hard thing.  I would have loved to see her get another T-shirt (she got this award last year) and be recognized in front of her peers but her character is the best thing she could wear.  A junior varsity player who is in our ward asked my daughter if she was getting the award with the younger player and when my daughter explained what she had done the JV player told her that she was her hero.  That is a wayyyy better prize than a T-shirt.  She will always be my hero.  I love her so much I can hardly stand it sometimes.  If this award was for the Human Being of the Century she would win it for sure:)

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing this sort of thing! That is true character. You have a lot to be proud of - hope I can be as good a mom, and as lucky a mom as you with how my kids turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you seem like a nightmare for your kids. They probably hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much my beautiful, loving Muth! :) I love you more than anything in the world!

    ReplyDelete