Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cyber Threads - The Ties That Bind

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not very good at technology but there is one thing that I have learned how to do that really brings me joy.  I have learned how to send a text out to my whole family that they can all respond on and it is giving me untold hours of glee.  Watching them chat with each other on my phone makes it feel like they are all in the same room together, with me!  I can hear their voices in their silly sayings and I actually laugh out loud at the relationships they have with each other.  My children and their wives are very entertaining.  One of my funniest sons has a "ghetto" phone (his word) that won't let him respond even though he can read everyone else's messages and I can only imagine how much funnier these threads will be when he finally gets an upgrade and can participate in these comedy sketches.  My dear husband will chime in every now and then with his signature "#wow" and I can just hear my children laughing at him through cyber space.  I'm so glad that I live in a world where even though we can't be physically close to each other we can still be in each other's lives and stay close.  "I love technology":) (as sung in Napoleon Dynamite).

No comments:

Post a Comment