Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Such a Waste of Time

I have recently been thinking about how much time I waste worrying about my appearance.  I hate it!  I don't want to care what I look like or how I compare to others.  I am wayyy too old for this!  So, why do I devote so many thoughts to things that don't matter at all? On the days when I am lost in a project or in service or just super busy I am so much happier because I don't have time to worry about how others see me.  I know I'm not alone in this because I can see it in all the girls I am surrounded by.  I know we are all comparing ourselves to each other and to everyone else in the world.  It is such a waste of time!  I am positive that Heaven will not be like this so I need to start changing my thought processes or I won't be comfortable in Heaven!  That would be terrible.  The Lord has blessed each of us with a wonderful, flawed but beautiful earthly body and wishing or hoping or praying that it was different won't bring us any happiness.  If we take a reasonable amount of time to make ourselves neat and clean and healthy then we should learn to be happy and grateful for what we have.  So, why is that so hard?  "Why do we always seem to want something we don't have?  I have vowed to try my hardest to push vain, selfish thoughts out of my head as often as I can remember to. I am trying really hard to think of others instead of myself.  I'm embarrassed to say that it's harder than I thought.  I can't believe how often thoughts come into my head that are centered around my physical appearance.  I know this life is for learning and growing and I am recognizing the areas that I have the most trouble with and this is one of them.  I will not let this beat me.  I will not sacrifice the little amount of time I have on this earth worrying about things I can't change and shouldn't want to anyway.  Now, I will go for a walk, spend a reasonable amount of time getting myself neat and clean and then try my hardest to forget about myself for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Ya I don't have that problem. I never care about my appearance or compare myself to others...you should really work on that ;)

    ReplyDelete