Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hey, Dad

Wow!  After writing my last post I saw the date on the computer and realized that today is the  11th anniversary of the passing of my father, Gary H. Miles.  Referring to the hurricane from the last post I can honestly say that I don't know what day of the week it is let alone the date or even the year so I was kind of taken aback when I realized that this is his day.  He died of prostate cancer in the early morning hours of this date.  I got the call from my mom in the middle of the night.  They live in Utah.  I was kind of numb and didn't really break down until I got up there with my family.  He was a really good dad and I have lots of great memories of him.  I know he is super busy where he is right now but I hope he looks down every now and then and sees my wonderful crew and says "Dy, you're doin' alright:)" just like always.  I love you, Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment