Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's over...but what a ride!

Well, our season is over but I'm totally O.K. with it. We lost 28-7 but the score looks worse than it really was. We fought like demons and held them to nearly nothing until they broke through on a couple of plays. Of course, they fought like demons too and held us to less. They said we were the toughest team they've played all year. My son is battered and bruised but certainly not broken. I am so proud of him I can't really find the words. He got slammed to the ground on his left shoulder early in the game and was hurting the rest of the game but no one in the stands could tell. The picture on the front page of the paper today pretty much tells the story. He spent most of the game either running for his life or trying to get off a pass really fast. His line fought hard but that Polynesian (translate - V E R Y T O U G H) blood runs hot. Hunter showed no fear and didn't back down at all. I have the utmost respect for him and every other quarterback to ever play the game. The pressure is incredible. He's not just "one" of the receivers or "one" of the linemen. He's "the" quarterback. He is amazing though, always as cool as the other side of the pillow. You would never know he gets nervous at all. I love our team and I was very proud of them. The emotions ran freely (translate - tears) after the game. That was the last time this team will ever play together and after all the hours they have spent practicing and playing, they really are a band of brothers. I'm so glad we have one more year to enjoy this. Maybe more. Some college coaches have started to express interest. Can you say Colorado St. and Oregon St.? Now it's on to basketball. I love high school sports. Go Grizzlies!

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the paper I could picture you crying after the game:) The Grizzlies put up a good fight.

    ReplyDelete