Thursday, December 3, 2009

MVP!


We had the middle school volleyball awards banquet at our house last night and my baby girl won most valuable player along with her best friend! I'm so proud. She was the varsity setter and she had the team record for most serves. The coach said some very nice things about her like how naturally athletic she is and how she will go far in sports but the only thing that Van heard and cherished was when the coach said how sweet and kind she always is. That's what my daughter wants to be known for! What an angel. I have been so lucky with my kids being gifted in athletic ability because that goes a very long way toward building self esteem which is huge for teenagers. I have been very spoiled because I don't have to work hard finding things for them to excel at so they can feel good about themselves. The Lord took care of that part for me. All I have to do is cheer them on and I LOVE doing that. Now on to basketball in the spring and then we are done with middle school sports forever!

2 comments:

  1. GO VAN!!!! Shes going to be a stud when she gets into High School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vannie is growing up so fast! That is awesome, she is going to be a little heart breaker in high school! (if not already!)

    ReplyDelete