Thursday, December 3, 2009

Texting

I love texting. I'm so glad it was invented and that I finally learned how to do it. It is so handy for talking to multiple people at the same time. When I am giving a play by play of Hunter's games to his three brothers in Utah I only have to write things one time and all three get the messages. Unfortunately I am kind of slow and so when things get going fast and furious during the games or I get overly emotional I just throw my phone at my 13 year old daughter and say "Take over!" The Utah boys get a kick out of the texts that say, "Hi, it's Sav. Mom is bawling so I'm taking over". She is much faster than I am. I also like to personalize my messages and sometimes they can be confusing. I texted Alana "How are my two favorite girls who live in Provo?" (meaning her and Ava, Michelle lived in Orem at the time). She saw Michelle later that day and said, "Did you get the text from Dyanna?" (She thought I meant her and Michelle). Michelle hadn't gotten that one because she didn't live in Provo so Alana was confused and thought she had hurt Michelle's feelings. It all got straightened out after a few good laughs. I also love it that the boys can text me during work or school and stay in touch with me. They aren't big talkers so it's hard to get them to call me but by being able to send little messages we are able to keep up with each others lives. I'm so glad I was born in this day and age when everything is so cool!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha that was so funny when you texted me that. Michelle and I were so confused...the funny thing was when we told Logan he right away got what you ment by Ava and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love texting too, but that is the downfall of it unfortunately.. it can cause confusion! P.S. We got your guys' christmas card, Love it! It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete