Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oceanside


Well, we squeaked by Grossmont last weekend (35-7) in our first playoff game and now we face the mighty Oceanside Pirates for the semifinal game. They haven't lost a game in almost 3 years. They are large, talented Polynesian brethren who are very used to winning. Sounds like David and Goliath you say? Not hardly. The Mission Hills Grizzlies are no slouches at 9-2. We have just as much chance of winning this game as they do. I did pause for a moment though when I read an article on the guy who is supposed to take my son's head off every play. He is the defensive player of the year for our county and he is very large and very talented and very Polynesian. Luckily I continued reading until I got to the part where his future plans include a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Whew! How mean could he be if he's a potential elder right? Just in case, I told Hunter to go up to him before the game starts and introduce himself as Brother Moore. Just a little insurance :) If we win this game we get to play in Qualcomm Stadium for the championship. Go Grizzlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment