Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary!


Today is my 29th wedding anniversary.  Pat and I got married on the 5th anniversary of our first date so I have technically been in love with him for 34 years even though we've only been married for 29 of those.  And I am being very literal in saying that I have been in love with him since our first date.  He was 16 and I was 17 and on that first date I told him that I was going to marry him.  I knew it from the first moment.  That first moment might not have happened though.  I have a sister who is 1 1/2 years younger than I am and we frequently shared boyfriends.  This started getting a little messy so our mom made a rule that if one sister was interested in a guy then the other sister had to back off or ask permission to pursue him.  Pat is Cathy's age and so they knew each other before I really knew Pat.  I didn't want to get in trouble so I actually asked my sister's permission to love my husband.  I don't know what I would have done if she would have said "no".  Pat Moore is my match in every way.  He completes me.  He is quiet and patient when I am loud and rash.  He is wise when I am impulsive.  We have been together so long that we are now starting to think the same thoughts at the same time and are finishing each other's sentences.  He is the closest person to me and I couldn't have dreamed of a better friend and partner.  I love him more than I have ever loved anyone, EVER!  Long ago I wrote him a poem and one of the lines says it all for us: " Sometime before forever, we knew we'd be together and love each other past life's final days".  I feel like we have always been and always will be.  Thank you, Pat, for making my life Heaven on earth.  I love you MTA!  Forever Moore

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I love you guys, and I love this picture! This is the first time I have ever seen a wedding picture, and I want to see more :) See you soon!! hopefully...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic Dyanna!! What a beautiful couple, then and now. You know, you two really don't look that different at all. Haven't aged much in 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to read about! I had some similar experiences with Arica, haha. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete