Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I love football!

Last Friday night was the epitome of the total "competitive sports" experience.  I've decided I'm way too old for it.  Our high school went up to Orange County to play a top ten team and we aren't top anything.  We were supposed to lose.  We pretty much expected to lose.  My son came out and threw 3 interceptions in the first HALF!  He only threw 8 all of last season.  It was horrible.  We were down by 21 in the 3rd quarter.  I spent most of my time praying that my son would settle down, not give up and do his best even though he had to be disappointed by those turnovers.  Well, wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles, we won!  In double overtime.  In our county we don't even play overtime but I guess in Orange County they have the option if both coaches agree.  My son was nearly perfect in the second half and both overtimes.  No more turnovers.  Lots of passing and rushing yards.  Cool, calm and collected.  Way better than his mom, who was a nervous wreck.  I was so proud of him.  We all stormed the field and hugged and screamed and celebrated well into the night.  So, even though my blood pressure probably reached all kinds of new heights, I love this game:)

No comments:

Post a Comment