Friday, September 17, 2010

What the Weird?

The strangest thing happened today. Our neighbor's dog ran into a fire hydrant at full speed and impaled itself on one of the nozzles and died.  It was barking at the dogs behind the fence and looking at them while running along the fence and didn't see the fire hydrant I guess.  It gave the most horrifying scream of pain and then twitched around a little.  Then he hobbled across the street to his front lawn and laid down and died.  We heard the terrible howling and my husband looked out the window right as he was writhing on the ground and hobbling away.  We didn't know he had hit the fire hydrant until we heard the owner talking.  It was very sad and such a random accident. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Was it the Vande Vegte's? (I'm not even sure if they have a dog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - that is the weirdest saddest story I have ever Heard - poor dog - Poor Neighbor!

    ReplyDelete