Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The "Joy" of Joy School


This little girl is a mystery to me.  She is very serious and reserved.  She is not a giddy, silly little girl and that is what I expect little girls to be.  She is smart and thoughtful and is a little stingy with her smiles.  She only gives them when she really wants to.  That is why I love this picture.  Ava is very gregarious.  She loves other kids.  She is fearless at making new friends.  When Tanner and Alana moved to Oakland I encouraged Alana to find a Joy School for Ava to attend,.  Alana didn't even know what it was.  I told her it was a pre-school with a curriculum written by a Mormon couple and taught by the parents of the students.  She found a group of moms in her area who were doing it and got Ava into the class.  This picture is Ava's first day of Joy School and I see "joy" just oozing from her darling face.  She has her big, fat "Rapunzel" braids and an outfit that Grandma Moores gave her.  She has her little back pack that her best friend, Grandma Salisbury, gave her and she has the sweetest smile in the world.  I love this girl with all my heart and with all the joy that she brings me I am very happy to see her experiencing some for herself.  "Oh boy, I got joy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment