Monday, October 1, 2012

I Miss You, Rita (Part 4,762)

Last night I had the privilege of going to a musical fireside given by Calee Schroeder Reed.  If you have read my previous posts you will know that her mother, Rita, is my best friend in the whole world.  Sadly, her mother left me behind several months ago to scout out the spirit world.  I have found myself missing her many many times but especially since my crew left me a few weeks ago.  I have wished she was here so many times in my recent loneliness.  So, while looking at Calee sitting next to Savannah on the stand (by some fluke, Van got to introduce her) a ton of wonderful memories of the happiest time in my life came rushing at me like a freight train and the floodgates opened.  I bawled throughout the entire fireside and well into the night and I'm still leaking this morning.  I remembered how excited the girls were when Van was born.  They couldn't believe that their Moore boys finally had a real sister (not just fake ones).  All the fun times we had as one big happy family just came flooding over me.  Listnening to how Calee's voice had changed over the years just left me in awe.  I remembered when she was a shy 7 year old who got nervous singing in public and had absolutely no breath control.  Now, the angel singing before me was bringing tears to everyone's eyes.  The kids have all grown up and gone their separate ways but I will never have another friend like Rita and the memories my family has of our time with her family will ever be absolutely precious to us and will forever be among the greatest times of our lives.  I really, really miss you Rita McBride Schroeder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment