Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I love my Schroeder Girls

I know my other daughters read this blog because they have commented a time or two and I just wanted to let them know how much I love them. I don't get to see them very often anymore now that they are all grown up so I just wanted to let them know how much I have loved having them in my life for the past 18 years. I met the Schroeder crew when they moved into my ward 18 years ago. They had 4 girls and I had 5 boys that matched them almost perfectly in age (remember I cheated and had twins). Their mom became my dearest friend almost instantly and our families just kind of meshed into one big messy glob. We did everything together. We spent countless holidays at each other's houses, had game nights, play dates, sleepovers and enjoyed being each other's surrogate brothers and sisters. I have great memories of the Schroeder Sisters. Rae was always the only girl at Tanner and Logan's birthday parties and Jensen was the only boy at Brooke's. I think at least two of them have had to wear some of my boys' underwear because they laughed so hard they peed their pants while over at our house. They have invented games and song lyrics with and about my boys. I have several prom pictures of Calee and Kyle even though they never actually went to the prom with each other. They always went in the same group so I just took pictures of them as if they were each other's dates. I have pictures of Calee and Kyle with their mouths full of marshmallows and Nikki and Kyle with their mouths full of s'mores. Literally full. They were always in competition with each other. The girls have sung at our Eagle courts of honor, our baptisms, our mission farewells and our holiday parties and I cry every time I hear them because I'm as proud of them as if they were my own. I remember helping Calee throw her parents a surprise anniversary party. I was WAY more excited than Rita about Nik making BYU cheerleader. I loved throwing Nik her bridal and baby showers and I can't wait to do all the other girls' showers too. One of my most precious memories is of the girls kneeling down in prayer together after hearing that I had accidently run over Hunter and praying for his safety. It was so fun watching Rae see the twins for the first time after they got off their missions. She couldn't stop hugging them. I loved the Catch Phrase show down a couple of Christmases ago. Moore boys against Schroeder girls. I made sure we had plenty of Jensen's underwear handy. I always keep an extra pair of underwear handy whenever I'm around Louie because she is so dang funny. She has the wittiest sense of humor I've ever heard. She's so intelligent that half the stuff she says goes right over everyone's head but I hear it all and my mouth hurts by the time she goes home. For a very long time these girls were the daughters I never had so Nickle pickle, Calee-Walers, Rae and Lou , thanks for the memories and I hope we make many more. I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I Dyanna this is so sweet!! I'm sitting at home sick today and just finally got out of bed and decided to do a little blog catch up, and this just made my day. I'm so glad our families grew up together. And one of my favorite memories of you is when I made cheer at BYU. hahah. I'm glad you were there so at least SOMEONE was excited!! And for the record, I think we need a catch phrase rematch, sans cheating boys!! :)

    ReplyDelete