Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Son is Now a Mexican!

Jensen went to Mexico yesterday. We got to talk to him twice on the phone, once from the Salt Lake airport and once from the Atlanta, Georgia airport. He sounded wonderful! He got to do what no one in this family has ever gotten to do, sit in First Class on an airplane! He has no idea why but all four of the elders going to Cuernavaca got to sit in First Class on the way from Salt Lake to Atlanta. He said it was awesome. Tons of leg room (huge for him) and a great meal. He pretty much thought he was all that and his other missionary brothers wanted to pound him. They were very jealous. He got to talk to the whole family in only 5 different phone calls. We didn't know he would get to call from Salt Lake. I had a feeling though (thank you Holy Ghost) so I took my phone on my morning walk just in case and sure enough, halfway through the walk he called me. I had threatened Brandon with his life to answer the home phone and tell Jens to call my cell. Then, in the afternoon he called the house and talked to Me, Brandon, Sarah and Savannah. I then had Pat call the payphone in Georgia from work so he, Kyle and Hunter could talk. Then Pat texted Tanner to tell him it was his turn to call the payphone and then Tanner texted Logan, who was at work, so he could call and talk. Quite the well oiled machine wouldn't you say? I can't wait to get the first email telling us how the trip went and what he thinks of Cuernavaca. Missions are the greatest!

1 comment:

  1. Wow nice teamwork there. The coordination is quite impressive ( ;

    ReplyDelete