Friday, July 3, 2009

Jensen in the MTC

I got a packet of pictures from my missionary yesterday. He looks so happy! He got a terrible haircut from someone in the MTC and he doesn't even care! By the way, anyone thinking of sending a son on a mission just ignore the part of the mission packet that talks about hair lengths. It says in there that they are supposed to have it long enough to have a part but short enough to be off the neck and ears. Baloney! I sent Jensen in with his normal haircut which is a crewcut and I was a little worried that they would be mad that it wasn't long enough to part. Ha! Three weeks in they give him a flippin' Marine high and tight! Way shorter than I gave him. Part, my eye. Anyway, he sent lots of pictures of all of his buddies in his district. They are a goofy looking bunch but it made my heart sing with pride just seeing so many little boys willing to serve the Lord for 2 years. Jensen is already speaking fluent Spanish and making lifelong friends among the other elders. He isn't homesick at all and is getting to rub shoulders with the apostles and have his testimony go through the roof. The missionary program has blessed the Moore family a hundred times over with our 6 missionaries (Pat included). I am so thankful for this wonderfully inspired program. Look out Mexico, here comes Elder Moore!

No comments:

Post a Comment