Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Thought I Loved You Then


I've been feeling a little emotional lately. I know this may come as a shock to those of you who know me well but I've been quite teary-eyed the last couple of days. I'm not really sure what's going on with me but I think it has to do with up-coming goodbyes, the start of football practice, another school year almost upon me and basically the passing of time, way too fast. Brad Paisley has a new song out and, as always, he has an amazing way with words. The song talks about a man going through the different stages of his life with his woman and realizing as time goes on that he just keeps loving her more and more. He thinks he can't love her any more than he already does and it just keeps getting deeper and better. Being past the halfway mark in my own life I am really feeling this. I love my family so much it physically hurts. Sometimes I think about how fast they are growing up and leaving me and I just ache. Hunter only has two more years in my house. Savannah can wear my clothes now. Sarah and Kyle are leaving in 17 days. Tanner and Logan have other girls to love besides me. I don't really want to go back to the days when I had 7 kids under 14 but deep down in my heart I kind of do. Thank heavens I still have the love of my life and always will. Sharing all of this with him really gives that song special meaning to me. "Now you're my whole life. Now you're my whole world. I just can't believe the way I feel about you ,girl (family). Like the river meets the sea, stronger than it's ever been. We've come so far since that day and I thought I loved you then". Thank you, Moores, for making my life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment