Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wicked!

I don't know why I'm so chatty today but I keep thinking of things to share. We are going to see the play "Wicked" tonight. We have been listening to the soundtrack for a couple of years now and love the music. The best part for me about going to this play is anticipating how much Savannah will enjoy it. She is so excited and has never been to a Broadway play before. She knows all the songs and has watched many clips of the play on the computer. It's so fun being a mom and introducing your kids to new things. I'm so glad my husband makes a good living and is able to pay for fun things like this. I'm also glad he's willing to go with us even though this is probably not real high on his list of things he'd like to spend his money on. I remember so well the first time I saw Les Miserables. Me, Pat, Brandon and Kyle had listened to the tape (yes, tape) every day ( and I mean EVERY day) for 2 years. We were obsessed with the songs and the story. When we moved to San Diego we had the opportunity to see it in L.A. I was nearly sick with excitement. When the orchestra played the first notes I broke down crying at finally being able to see what I had only heard for so long. I will never forget that feeling. To this day Les Miz is my absolute favorite musical. I've seen it 3 times. I hope Vanny enjoys Wicked as much as I enjoyed Les Miz.

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! I too have only listened to the music for the past few years.

    ReplyDelete