Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Utah




I got to spend the last week with my two favorite twins and my favorite granddaughter. We had a blast. Ava is smiling now! She is so adorable. I snuggled her all week. It was very fun spending time with Tanner and Logan and their wives. We played games and went out to eat and went to BYU and to the Nike outlet in Park City where Logan works. He gets a crazy discount so we went...crazy! I got a new sweat suit and shoes. Everyone else got shorts and shirts and shoes and jackets etc. etc. We got a nice surprise with the weather. I expected it to be a million degrees since it was August but it surprised me and was very pleasant. It was in the low eighties and high seventies. Yay! It was very fun visiting with my mom. She talked a lot about the past and Savannah and Brandon found out lots of things they didn't know about her and about my life when I was young. Savannah and Brandon and I went to Pioneer Monument Park in Salt Lake and saw lots of real pioneer homes. One of them was the home my grandmother was born in. It was really cool to see such an old place that had personal meaning to me. They had a book on my grandma's family's history and my mom was in it. We got all excited. The worker there let us go upstairs where no one is normally allowed to go so we could see the actual room where my grandma was born. Very cool. Wonderful trip all in all. Can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment