Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wicked was Wonderful

Well, even though our seats weren't the best and I sat behind the biggest twit in the theater, Wicked was awesome. The sets and the voices and the story and the songs were so cool that 3 hours just flew by. It was so fun to finally figure out what some of the songs meant. The dialogue was very clever and entertaining. I loved it. So did Savannah. Yay! The only downside was the girl in front of me. She should never be let into another Broadway musical again. She was a hyper twit who couldn't sit still and couldn't keep her hands out of her hair and every time she shifted or lifted her hands to her hair I couldn't see any of the stage. I had to keep leaning back and forth which, I'm sure, thrilled the people behind me. She kept looking at her phone (which was very bright in the dark auditorium) and fanning herself with her program which then prohibited Pat from seeing anything and as a grand finale she got so hot that she took her sweet time putting her hair into the highest bun I've ever seen so that my vision was completely obscured and I had to practically lay in Kyle's lap to see anything. I don't know if she saw any of the show since she was so busy trying to ruin it for the rest of us. She should save her money next time. Other than that, Wicked was wonderful :)

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping to read a review on the musical but I think what you wrote was even better.

    ReplyDelete