Tuesday, April 30, 2013

#1 Daughter-In-Law

Today is Alana Marie Salisbury Moore's birthday.  She is the first person to make me a mother-in-law.  She is the first person to make one of my sons the happiest guy alive.  She is the first person to make me a grandma.  She is also the first person to make me completely forget about all the horror stories of being a mother-in-law.  I LOVE this girl.  We are different in so many ways but we are alike in all the ways that are important to me.  She loves my son with all of her heart.  She loves the gospel of Jesus Christ the same way and wants to live its principles and teachings with exactness.  She is willing to bring children into this world despite her husband being in medical school and despite the fact that they have chosen to have her not work outside the home.  She is committed to loving her husband and raising her children the best way that she knows how.  She is fun, creative, beautiful in so many ways, funny, humble, teachable, sweet yet fierce when she needs to be, kind, happy and the love of my son's life.  What's not to love?  Happy Birthday, Flan.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment