Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Already?









Well, those 14 years went by in a blink! My little girl went to her first dance. She was nervous and afraid to totally let loose (she is quite a dancer) and actually slow danced with someone other than her brother. She had fun but she's not quite sure how she feels about the whole growing up thing so it might be a little while before she ventures out again. I remember my first dance like it was yesterday and I won't tell you exactly how many yesterdays it really was but for me to remember it at all after all this time is quite a feat. I was very excited and nervous. This was back in the day when you never danced in groups or by yourself. Every dance, fast or slow was with a partner and the boy always did the asking. I was almost 6 feet tall and VERY skinny. In other words, not exactly a stunner. My mother was concerned about me being disappointed so she made sure that I knew that if I didn't get asked to dance very much it would be because the boys were short and insecure with such a tall girl and that it wouldn't be because I wasn't beautiful and desirable :) Everything turned out great because I took my shoes off and there were enough fairly tall boys to dance with and I am a very exuberant dancer so I don't really need anyone else to have a good time. I came home flushed and happy and very excited for the next dance. My mother was extremely surprised and relieved. Savannah loves dancing with her family because we have no inhibitions when we dance and we get pretty crazy. Someday she will be able to enjoy the social interaction of a dance but I won't die if she takes her sweet time about it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment