Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sisters


For the first time in a very long time I miss my sisters. I have two sisters who don't live anywhere near me and who I don't really have a great relationship with. It's not that we have a bad relationship, we just don't really have a relationship at all anymore. We used to be pretty close while we were growing up. We sang together all over the place and we lived kind of out in the country, away from the rest of the town, so we didn't really have people over much. We just played with each other. We all used to live right here in North County for a short time and celebrated birthdays and other special occasions together and I really enjoyed that time. Since they moved away though we have just gotten caught up in our families and kind of let our relationship die away. One sister hates to talk on the phone and the other likes to talk for hours and I'm kind of in-between so the phone isn't really a viable option. Neither one of them knows how to work a computer so email, which is my favorite form of communication, is also not an option. We rarely see each other and never all at the same time so most of the time I just forget they are even there but sometimes, like today, I think about the fun times we've had and the silly inside jokes we have and our mutual sense of humor and I miss them. So even though they will probably never see this (note computer illiteracy) I want to give a shout out to my sisters. Cathy and Susan, I love and miss you and hope you cherish our past memories as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. mom can email now. and she checks it to email her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my mom's week! She misses you a ton, we always talk about how we want to move near you guys because we would have a blast. Maybe someday... we love you! (My mom enjoys reading your blog when I show it to her, I don't think she will ever be computer literate unfortunately!)

    ReplyDelete