Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mystery

The other night on NCIS there was a storyline that was really well acted and brought me to a great many tears.  One of the characters was in the process of adopting a baby and on this night the baby was born and the adoptive parents got to be there but then the mother changed her mind after seeing her baby.  The reaction of the adoptive father was so real and so intense that I bawled my eyes out imagining how he felt.  I have friends and relatives who are in the process of trying to start a family and I'm sure that there are many more of my friends out there that might also be going through this but it is proving to be more of a challenge than they probably anticipated.  My heart aches for you.  I pray for you every night.  I literally can't imagine what you must be going through.  I can't imagine that it hasn't crossed your mind, at some point, to question the Lord and His plan for you.  I, myself, wonder why so many girls who aren't ready for and don't want to be pregnant can so easily get pregnant while others who are hoping and praying and craving that experience aren't finding success.  This has always been a mystery to me.  The only hope I have is that, maybe, these valiant people were the ones in the pre-existence who saw the big picture and saw how short this life is and said, "I can wait".  Maybe they were the ones who knew that they could take this on as their test in this life, knowing that they would have eternal increase in the next and would enjoy every blessing due them if they can just endure to the end.  I completely trust in the Lord and His plans for us and I pray every night that my sweet friends will completely develop this trust not only in their heads but in their hearts also.  I hope they know that the Lord loves them and that He would never give them something they couldn't handle.  Being a "natural man" though, I have to be honest and tell you that the most fervent part of my prayer is that these wonderful people will be able to experience having a family here on this earth and not have to wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment