Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"And a Very Big Child Shall Lead Them"


I was so proud of Hunter the other day. His coach was trying to teach him the finer points of being a varsity quarterback and he wanted Hunter to be more vocal and forceful in the huddle (he must not completely comprehend that this is a "Moore" he's dealing with) and to vocally reprimand his troops for falling apart and letting people tackle him. The coach went into a huddle and demonstrated what he wanted by screaming and yelling and swearing profusely. Later he asked Hunter if he understood what he wanted him to do and Hunter said "Yeah, I think so but can I do it without the cussing?" The coach was so embarrassed that he apologized and told H that he would try harder not to use bad language in front of him. He said, "Hunter, you are going to make me a better man!" I was so proud. Way to go, Deuce!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great story! Awesome KID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's such a great story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on Hunter! You must be one proud mama Dyanna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of Hunter. He's such an awesome kid. I know he's been a great example to my brother, all of you have, I'm so thankful :)

    ReplyDelete