Thursday, September 24, 2009

Goodbye Hannah, I Miss You :(

Well, she never said it was a "Hannah Montana" concert. And it definitely wasn't. I guess I now know that it was Hannah Montana I loved and not Miley Cyrus. Me and two friends took my 13 year old daughter to see Miley Cyrus in concert last night and we all came home sad, disturbed and thinking we had just wasted a lot of money. I guess it wasn't really Miley's fault since we were the ones who expected something else. The whole time I was watching her I was thinking, "Are her parents watching her right now?" "What could they possibly be thinking?" There she was, a 16 year old girl wearing nearly nothing, shaking her body in ways no 16 year old girl should know how to shake and screaming rock and roll lyrics at decibal levels that may have permanently damaged sweet Emmerson Claire's ears. No sign of Hannah anywhere. I felt bad for the scared little kids in the audience who were probably wondering where Hannah Montana was. Again, not her fault as she never said it was a "Hannah" concert. I will be much more careful the next time I consider taking myself or my daughter to a concert. The whole way home I couldn't help but be very grateful for a church that espouses very different values than the ones I saw last night. I'm pretty sure that my beautiful Mormon girl would rather die than ever be seen doing those things, in those clothes, in public or anywhere else. So I guess I will have to be content with watching Hannah Montana reruns on T.V. Sniff, sniff. Goodbye Hannah, I miss you:(

1 comment:

  1. so disappointing.

    ...and emmerson was NOT herself today. i think she picked up on a few of those nasty moves. haha ;)

    on the upside, ash and i had a LOT of fun hanging out with you and van...that made the night not a complete disaster.

    ReplyDelete