Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Big Time

Friday night is Hunter's first home game as a varsity quarterback. It would be scary even if we were playing someone we don't know anything about or don't care about. The whole idea of playing in front of the home crowd just makes me nervous for him. But, of course, we aren't playing just some "no-name" that doesn't matter and that is located so far away that none of their fans would come. We are playing the 6th annual Discovery Bowl against our archrivals: San Marcos High School which, in case you didn't know, is located right in our own city. These are boys that Hunter has played against or with his entire life so they have quite a rivalry going on. We have won this game every year we have played it except for the first year when our new high school didn't have any seniors and we almost won that too! So, no pressure. That means that pretty much the entire city will be in our stadium (O.K. I might be exaggerating a little tiny bit). As if that wasn't enough, it will also be Pop Warner night which means that all the little Pop Warner football teams and their families will be there (maybe I wasn't exaggerating!) It is also September 11th AND some Charger cheerleaders are coming to shake their booties for our fans. But the icing on the cake is that the very popular Prep Pigskin Report from KUSI will be filming the whole entire game as the North County Game of the Week! Kill me now! Does anyone know what a very slow heart attack feels like? Well, I'm in one right now. Two of my three sons are coming down from Utah to watch us hopefully kill their alma mater and they will be cheering for OUR side. I know I've waited a lifetime for this, I just hope I can stay alive long enough to enjoy it. GO GRIZZLIES!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl! Just breathe! I hope you are trying to keep most of this inside and not talking about it to Hunter. I know if he is anything like his brothers, he is Mr. Calm, Cool,Collected but still. I'll send up a prayer to the football gods:)

    ReplyDelete