Monday, September 14, 2009

Big-Game Hunter


Holy smokes! What a game! I am still walking on air. I can't believe this is happening to us. All my fears were for naught. We KILLED San Marcos. It was 49-12 and they only got the 12 on our 17th string defense. Hunter was magnificent. He threw a school record 4 touchdown passes and rushed for another touchdown. He had 306 yards and completed 11 out of 12 passes. I'm in shock. He got interviewed by The North County Times, The Union Tribune and The Prep Pigskin Report. We had a ton of our dearest friends and family in the Sky Box with us cheering their heads off. The next day was like Christmas morning when we opened the newspaper. There was a huge headline on the sports page that said "Big-Game Hunter". I was freaking out. They had a big article about him and he was the passing leader for the week too. I feel like I'm in a dream. I'm so happy that all of his hard work is starting to pay off and that he is still in one piece. Next week is Eastlake. We'll see if the magic can hang on for one more week.

3 comments: