Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mama's Boy


I'm going to start thinking of and writing about the things that make me happy. One of those things comes to my mind right away. On Fridays I help other football moms serve lunch to the varsity football players at Mission Hills High School. There are almost 70 football players and maybe 7 or 8 moms who help out. I know a lot of these moms and I know that they are very close to their sons. They come to all the games and I even hear their sons tell them they love them and speak very respectfully to them. Something that has never been cool for a teenage son to do in front of his friends though is give his mom a hug. Hunter and I are single-handedly trying to change that without even really thinking about it. Hunter is the quarterback of his team and although not a captain because he's only a junior, he is still a leader and an example to the rest of the team. After every lunch he comes up to me and gives me a kiss, a huge hug and tells me he loves me. I hope that by his example some of his teammates will not be afraid to show affection to the mothers that I know they love. Hunter is a very good boy and he makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment