Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween


There are some people who love Halloween (the Schroeder girls) and then there are the rest of us.  I usually just get through Halloween so I can enjoy the "real" holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) but this year I really enjoyed watching my little grandson experience his first real Halloween.  He was fascinated that he could win a cupcake just by walking around in a circle on some numbers.  He loved watching popcorn pop right in front of him through a glass popcorn cart and then getting to eat as much as he wanted.  The crowning glory of the night, though, was watching him realize that just by uttering some magic words (Trick or Treat!) he could get people to put candy in his little pumpkin!  And then he got to eat it!! Amazing!  It was so fun to watch.  I really missed my little Rapunzel and her baby sister who are up in Oakland but I am very thankful for modern technology that let's me "see" them without really seeing them.  Halloween is for children and it doesn't matter if they are yours or your childrens':)

No comments:

Post a Comment