Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mommy and Daddy Forever

Some things never change and I'm so glad.  I hope they never do.  I love it when I get a text from one of my grown, married, daddy sons telling me about a good grade on a test or a new church calling or some other accomplishment.  I'm sure his wife is proud of him but he has a history with his mom of years of making sure homework is done and urging him to get good grades and study hard and fulfill his church assignments and choose the right, etc.  I  have always had a vested interest in him doing well and he knows it.  I have praised and "victory danced" and mourned over test scores and poor choices and victories with him for so many years that it's just habit now for him to let me in on his successes and failures and I love it! I also love hearing my dear husband giving advice and help over the phone about insurance policies and career decisions and "head of the household" matters and gospel doctrine to our grown sons.  I know they respect him and look up to him so much and he deserves it.  Children will always need their parents even if it's just for a little "Good job, son" and I am eternally grateful for that little bit of mercy in the ever painful "letting go" process.  I am also ridiculously thankful that I had a girl last and I hope she never ever ever (a little T-Swift there) stops needing her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment