Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hmmmm

Well, I've started the Christmas decorating but it's not bringing me the same joy that it has in years past.  It is a ton of work (way more than is healthy) and there aren't nearly as many people around here to appreciate it as there have been in past years.  It is also making me really miss my missionary son who is the one who loved it the most.  Half of my kids aren't around here to see it and the ones who are don't really care one way or the other.  The older I get, the faster time flies so it seems silly to do so much work assembling for such a short amount of time of enjoying.  I know my husband loves it because he hears me groaning and complaining about how hard it is and he tells me to slow down and don't give up.  That keeps me going.  I know I will be glad I did it when we all sit around the fire and enjoy the lights and ribbons and sparkly things all over the house.  I will post pictures when I get it all done. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your house at Christmas time! I love all the lights, ribbons, and sparkles! :-)

    ReplyDelete