Saturday, November 3, 2012

I...Must...Control...Myself

Now that Halloween is over I have the greatest itch to start decorating for Christmas and if Hunter were home I would already be halfway done.  He is the child that on Halloween night would say to me, "OK Mom, let's start the Christmas decorations tomorrow".  I am going to try to hold off a little longer this year since I really do feel silly when people come over in the first week of November and my house is all decked out for Christmas.  In the past I have left only the kitchen table decorated for Thanksgiving and had the rest of the house all Christmasy.  This year we are going to Utah for Thanksgiving so I will feel a little more justified in starting early since we won't have to mess with mixing holiday decorations.  I walk around looking at my house and planning what I will do with the warehouse size amount of Christmas decorations I have stored in every nook and cranny of my house, in both garages and in the shed.  Luckily, I have a husband who loves these decorations as much as me and the kids and if he sees an inch not decorated he says, "That looks a little bare over there, why don't you go find something to fit there?"  :)  Is he the greatest or what?  What girl wouldn't love to hear those words?  The feelings I get at Christmastime are like no other.  Every good emotion is magnified a million percent.  I feel love and charity and gratitude and joy in great abundance.  There is nothing like having a scented candle lit, all the Christmas lights on, a puzzle halfway done, Christmas music on and my loved ones gathered all around me.  I am tingling just thinking about it:) Just a few...more...days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment