Monday, February 10, 2014

Surrounded By Green Grass

You know that old saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side"?  I'm really feeling it lately.  With a little twist.  Ok, a lot of twists.  I know young mothers who are struggling among the weeds right now, stuck in the middle of the "hard part" of raising little families.  My first reaction is to be totally jealous of them because some days I want to be back there sooo bad it hurts.  Of course I am using selective memory and only remembering the wonderful times when I was my children's whole world and we would sit around together and read books and play games and laugh and everything was like a perfect sit-com.  I conveniently forget about the days when I felt like a hamster on a wheel just trying to get through the day without breaking down, doing the same things day in and day out thinking I would lose my mind before they grew up.  I am almost at the end of my "children in the home" days and I can see some green grass in the future being able to come and go as I please and not have to worry about the child or children still at home.  I will be free to travel, serve missions with my husband, go on little trips to visit children and grandchildren and everything will be just like a perfect sit-com again:) I should never have put in print that I was "all better" now because as soon as I posted the end of my "change" it quickly reminded me that it's not quite over yet.  It was only taking another break.  I have been waking up a little sad again lately because it feels like I'm back in the weeds and like I'm that little hamster just running around on my little wheel doing the same things every day.  I MUST FIGHT THE NATURAL MAN!!  I have every blessing a person could possibly ask for.  I am surrounded by green grass.  I am rolling in it!  I have my health, my faith, my incredible family that just keeps growing and providing me with more people to love, a beautiful home, food to eat, a free country to live in and so many more blessings that I can't even count them.  I need to go out and lay in the lush, green grass that is all around me and appreciate everything I have and I encourage you all to do the same.  Don't blink because wherever you are will be over in a minute:)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Have you ever considered linking a Question and Answer page to your blog? You can get one at ask.fm for instance. I think it would be interesting to ask questions about Mormonism and everyday life! I spoke to the missionaries, but they were so young; it would be interesting to get a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have thought of a question and answer section but I have no idea how to do it so I need to wait until one of my daughter-in-laws comes over to help me. Thanks again for your kind words:)

    ReplyDelete