Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Where Am I?

This last week my husband and I went to Utah to deliver all of our new DIL's stuff to our condo where she will be living with our son and because it was a holiday weekend we got to stay and go to church.  One of the bajillion things I love about my church is that it is the same everywhere in the world.  I can go anywhere and find an LDS church that is teaching the same, exact thing that is being taught in my own town.  So, in Relief Society, (the women's organization) the teacher was teaching about families and how we, as mothers, can arm our children against the evils of the world.  She split us up into groups that had things in common.  As she was outlining the different groups I realized that my heart was still in the young mother group but my life was actually straddling the "adolescents in the home" category and the "empty nesters" category.  I sat there for awhile trying to decide which group to go to.  I ended up in the one with the adolescents in the home but I felt like I could have been almost anywhere in the room.  The lines are getting blurry as to where I belong.  My last child is now 18 and will soon be on her way to college so technically my hands on teaching days are pretty much over.  I can still be an example and a resource but I've pretty much taught them  all that they are going to learn from me.  I feel really good about how I've raised them and don't have any regrets but because it was the most amazing time of my life and the most fun too, I'm having a hard time letting go, emotionally.  I know I sound like a broken record but I really want all those young mothers out there to appreciate where they are right now because you will never be there again and, I promise you, "You're Gonna Miss This". 

No comments:

Post a Comment