Wednesday, February 26, 2014

We Did It!

Rise and shout, the Cougars are out!!!  My baby girl is going to BYU!! My goal from the day each of my children was born was for them to attend the greatest university in the world and as of last night my dreams have all come true:).  This fall the last of my little Cougars will start school at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT.  I love this school unhealthily.  I can't visit it's beautiful campus without tearing up several times.  I cry at every home football game as thousands and thousands of Mormons raise their voices in the Cougar fight song.  I cry at the devotionals that are offered every Tuesday.  I cry knowing that the professors start their classes with prayer.  I love that my children are surrounded by so many others who believe and worship as they do.  I love the school motto, "Enter to learn, go forth to serve".  That is exactly what I want all of my children to do with their lives.  Every one of my children has attended this school and the five that have graduated have all said that going to this school made graduate school so much easier because of the great education they got there.  They were all further ahead in their knowledge and experience than their classmates who had attended other universities.  I know my daughter will thrive in this environment.  These are our people and I am overwhelmed with happiness that all of my children get to have this wonderful experience.  I am sooo proud of all of them for doing whatever it took to get into this school because it's not an easy task.  Thousands of kids all over the world apply to this school and only about 30,000 can actually go at a time.  My daughter has spent many late nights doing homework with the dream and goal in mind of getting into BYU.  Way to go, Van!  You did it! Gooooo COUGARS!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Muth! I'm so happy!!! :) I love BYU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think just as unhealthily as you do, if not more. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete