Thursday, February 21, 2013

32 years:)

37 years ago today I went on my first date with Pat Moore.  He was 16, I was 17.  On that date I told him that I was going to marry him someday and I wasn't kidding.  I knew it just as sure as I'm writing this.  32 years ago today I did just that.  During those 5 years between the day we dated and the day we married we went to high school together, separated while I went to BYU, were reunited when I came home from BYU because I missed him too much, were separated when he went to Germany for two years on a mission and were finally reunited for eternity.  I have loved this man wayyy longer than I haven't loved him.  He has been a part of my family nearly as long as I have.  They love him more than me and can't really remember a time when we weren't together.  My youngest brother was 2 when we started dating so he really doesn't know life without Pat.  We are still absolutely best friends.  We finish each other's sentences.  He makes me feel safe and loved.  He's still super handsome and super spiritual and I love him more than I ever dreamed possible.  Many years ago I wrote him this poem because it's exactly how I feel about him.

There's never been a time when I didn't feel you mine and know that by your side was where I'd be. 

Never through the years, through all the trials and fears, did I doubt that if I looked your smile I'd see. 

When two are joined as one, and through all time it's been done, you and I brought brand new meaning to the phrase.

Because sometime before "forever" we knew we'd be together and love each other past life's final days.

Patience, love and care, knowing you'd be there no matter what the trouble, thick or thin.

We've shared some precious things, all the fun that good life brings and we've proven that together we can win.

Although we've just begun and there's much more before we're done, hand in hand we'll make it through the haze.

Because sometime before "forever" we knew we'd be together and love each other past life's final days.


Happy Anniversary, Patrick Michael Moore.  You are my forever:)

No comments:

Post a Comment