Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Super Great Dessert

I thought I would share the most popular dessert I've ever made with anyone who wants it.  I didn't make it up so I won't take credit but I have served it to just about everyone I know and it's always a huge hit.  It takes about 10 minutes to make and looks like a fancy bakery dessert.  Here goes -

unwrap 12 ice cream sandwiches and put them in a 9x13 pan
spread a layer of hot fudge sauce over the top like frosting
put another layer of ice cream sandwiches on top of that
spread another layer of fudge on top
spread Cool Whip on top like frosting when ready to serve
top with chocolate flakes or toffee bits or a cherry or whatever you want
you can also put a little swirl of fruit sauce or whatever is pretty underneath each serving

The layers of ice cream sandwich look like a fancy cake so it looks like a really fancy dessert but it is so easy and so yummy.  The total basic ingredients are - 1 box of 24 ice cream sandwiches, 1 jar of hot fudge sauce and one small tub of Cool Whip.  Doesn't get any easier than that!  Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment