Friday, February 1, 2013

Talents

On my walk today I was listening to the exceptionally talented "Glee" kids sing songs and blend their voices in a million different harmonies and I started thinking about talents and where we get them and why we have some and not others.  Why do some people hear harmonies very young and others not ever?  You can learn how to read music and sing harmonies but some people just hear them in their heads.  You can also learn how to read music and play an instrument but some people can just play the instrument without knowing how to read music. Some of  the talents I have been born with are being able to hear harmonies and to be able to site read most anything on the piano.  I can also move fairly well when music is playing.  A couple of my kids can hear some harmonies and the rest don't really have that talent.  Some of them can move really well to music and others have no desire to even try.  Logan can draw really well and that's not something Pat or I have been blessed with.  I don't know if it was coincidence or not that all four Schroeder girls could hear harmonies when both of their parents are accomplished singers.  Not all of our kids get our talents.  They come with their very own and I don't know where they get them except for maybe from our heavenly parents.  I know that everyone is blessed with some kind of talent.  We just have to discover what they are and build on them.  I've very thankful for my talents because they have brought me a lot of joy throughout my life.  I'm also very thankful for other people's talents, especially those darn "Glee" kids.  How are so many kids so talented when they are so young?  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment