Tuesday, February 19, 2013

No More Teenage Boys







Today my baby boy turns 20!  I can't believe I don't have any more teenage boys.  I've had at least four at a time for so many years it seems impossible that I won't have any more, ever.  It's not as bad as I thought it would be though.  I really like my adult children and it's fun being friends with them.  Plus, this teenage boy was a little rougher than the rest so I'm kind of happy to see him get into his 20's:)  I guess I should rephrase that, he wasn't really rougher, it was just his situation that was a little rough.  Falling for your wife when you are 15 is a little tough on the parents.  I know, I did it to my parents.  But, all in all, Hunter has been a great teenager, just like his brothers before him.  He's been a great kid, period.  Even though he struggles a little in communicating, he writes the sweetest notes and is able to get down on paper everything he can't seem to say out loud.  He hates making us unhappy and always tries to obey and the best thing about him is his testimony of the gospel.  He loves his savior, Jesus Christ, and is showing Him by living a very obedient life and by serving Him for 2 years in Columbus, Ohio.  Hunter has always been a mama's boy and when he was younger I didn't appreciate that since he only wanted me, all the time, and would cry (a lot) when I tried to take care of my other 5 children.  Now, I am thrilled that he is a mama's boy and I feel closer to him than ever.  I got a call yesterday from a family in Ohio who wanted to tell me what a great kid I have.  This isn't the first call I've gotten of this nature.  They told me he is very enthusiastic about the work and very obedient and just an all around wonderful young man.  I must say I'm not surprised to hear this.  Thrilled, but not surprised.  Everyone who meets Hunter likes him, girls and boys for different reasons:).  Because he is so cute the girls are attracted right away but then they get to know him and they like him even more.  Boys seem to flock to him because he is a good friend and example and a genuinely nice guy.  I'm so proud of my sweet boy and I really hope that he is having a wonderful birthday across the country from me.  Goodbye teens, bring on the 20's!  Happy Birthday, Hunter!  I couldn't love you Moore than I do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment