Monday, October 19, 2015

Disneyland

"The Happiest Place on Earth".  Truer words were never spoken.  One of the best things we have done in the past couple of years is get season passes to Disneyland.  There is no place on earth quite like it.  Even though we have been several times now, it never gets old.  We love going with grandkids and kids as they come into town and we loved introducing our Australian exchange student to it but we really love just going by ourselves for a couple of hours and doing things that we would never have done if we only had one day to do everything.  We live about 1 hour from Disneyland so we can just wake up when we want, beat all commuter traffic, go there for just a few hours and then come home whenever we want.  When our exchange student was buying his nieces some Mickey ears for souvenirs it dawned on me that those little girls will probably never get to see the real thing because they live so far away and it made me sad for them but really grateful that I get to go whenever I want.  It really never gets old.  I get the same tingling in my tummy when I know I get to go on my favorite ride, Pirates of the Caribbean and see all the Disney princesses and feel the feeling that is distinctly Disneyland. Christmas is my favorite because they decorate so beautifully and they have fireworks and snow and it is truly magical.   You can't help but be happy when you are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment