Saturday, October 17, 2015

Reunion!

I just got the news on Facebook that my high school class will be holding our (mumble, mumble, um... er...ahhh) reunion next year.  Nobody really needs to know that I'm celebrating being out of high school longer than most of you have been alive.  I have a feeling that this particular reunion will be the most fun.  In the first few reunions everyone is still so worried about their weight and looks and profession and everything shallow and not important about themselves.  Basically, high school days all over again.  This one, however, feels like it will be different.  I got very excited at the thought of seeing people that I wasn't really all that good of friends with way back when because, let's face it, Mormons don't really do what everyone else does in high school so I didn't really have much in common with the rest of my classmates.  I was the principal's daughter so I was pretty well known but our weekends were spent very differently, ha ha!  Now, I think we all have much more in common and therefore will have a great time at this party.  We have put aside the angst about the looks because, really, there isn't much we an do about them at our age.  Of course there will be lots of pounds lost between now and then and everyone will still try to put their best self forward but we all don't really care that much anymore about dumb things like that.  It won't really matter what everyone did for a living because we are getting close to not doing it anymore.  We will all be sharing pictures of our children and grandchildren and reminiscing about all the fun times we had as Vikings at Montgomery High School way back when.  We will become much closer than we were in high school because the competition will be gone and we will all realize that we have much more in common than we once thought.  We have all made it through the majority of our life and can just enjoy each other as friends and fellow warriors that have made it this far. As an added bonus, my dear husband went to my high school also and so knows a lot of my friends and will feel very comfortable there.  We will win, again, for most kids and probably for most grandkids this time, and I will accept my award proudly and enjoy being with my fellow Vikings one more time because, at our age, it could be the last time for a lot of us.  I can't wait to see you all!  We are the V-I-K-I-N-G-S of MHS!

No comments:

Post a Comment